To report an absence, please call: (916) 632-3195, Press 1.
- Please schedule all medical and dental appointments outside of school hours whenever possible.
- Verify child’s absence for any length of time by a phone call or a note.
- Excuse absence the same day as absence occurred (excusals later than 3 days after an absence has occured cannot be accepted).
- If sending your student with a note: include date, time, parent signature and reason for absence.
- For safety reasons, if your child will be leaving campus for any reason, you must come to the Administration office and sign him/her out. Phone call excusals are not permitted.
- VHS is a Time on Task school. Students must attend class every day to earn credits.
- Victory High is a Closed Campus. Leaving without permission, for any reason, will be deemed a “cut”.
- Students not attending class will have Work Permit pulled (if deemed a “truant”).
- Students are deemed to be a truant if absent for three days or more, three period absences on different days, three tardies of 30 minutes or more, or any combination thereof.
- Students deemed to be a “truant” are issued Attendance Letters and referred to Placer Juvenile Court.
- Students are deemed chronically absent if they miss 10% or more days of the days enrolled in school.
- Students must attend a full regular day in order to participate in scheduled extra-curricular activities.
Credit Earned in Classes
Victory is a Quarter system which calculates Time on Task to determine credits. If passing, credit is calculated by totaling the number of days of attendance and participation in class.
- .25 credit given for every 3 days of attendance/participation (12 Days = 1 credit, 24 Days = 2 credits 36 Days = 3 credits 48 Days = 4 credits)
- All tardies, excused/unexcused absences, non-participation days directly impact credits earned (3 tardies equates to the subtraction of one attendance day (1/12 of a credit)).